Travelling by ferry and bus
COVID-19–virus (applies to all ferry crossings with Ærøfærgerne)
MONDAY NOVEMBER 29TH 2021:
As of November 29th 2021 you are required to wear facial mask in all indoor areas when travelling with Ærøfærgerne.
Who are exempt?
Children under the age of 12 years.
Persons with reduced level of consciousness, physical or mental disabilities which make them unable to wear facial mask or other protection, such as:
- Physical deformities, involuntary tremors, skinrash or lesions.
- Anxiety, claustrophobia or delusions.
- If the facial mask prevents vital functionality, such as mouth-operated assistive technology.
Persons, who are exempt for the above reasons, are not required to provide documentation for the exemption.
Under which circumstances must you remove the facial mask temporarily?
The circumstances are:
- For brief consumption of food, beverages and medicine.
- When in own vehicle on board the ferry
- If lip-reading is required.
- For facial identification by authorities.
- If you suddenly feel unwell due to the wearing of facial mask.
Is facial mask required outdoors onboard the ferry?
Facial mask is not required outdoors on the sun desk or within own vehicle on the car deck.
We still ask that all passengers also keep distance and show consideration for fellow passengers and crew. Read government advise here here:
- Reservations can be made online at www.aeroe-ferry.dk or by phone on +45 62524000 during our office hours.
- All customers must make a booking and pay in advance before meeting up at the departure. This applies to both walk-on passengers and vehicles.
- In emergency situations you can call our office on +45 62 52 40 00 to make a booking and make the payment over the phone or in person.
- You can cancel your reservation until 30 minutes before departure and will then automatically get your full payment refunded, you can move your reservation to a later departure that same day or use the payment to travel without a reservation
- Passengers wishing to remain in the car during the crossing must obtain permission at least 24 hours in advance of boarding the ferry by calling +45 62524000.
- As a walk-on passenger you are required to show your reservation when boarding the ferry.
- Walk-on passengers are required to disperse themselves as widely as possible across the passenger salons and cafeteria seating areas and keep as much of a distance as possible to others.
- If you travel by car and are observing quarantine/suspect that you are a carrier of the virus you must remain in your vehicle during the crossing. You must also contact Ærøfærgerne in advance of your journey.
- If you are submitted into quarantine or suspect that you are a carrier of the virus you MUST NOT travel on foot with Ærøfærgerne.
- Taxi service for the last arrival to Ærø will only allow 3 persons at a time. Those who are not allowed on the first taxi will be collected at the ferry as soon as possible afterwards.
- It is crucial that all passengers respect these special measurements and follow the instructions of the crew on board and ashore.
- We cannot guarantee that our ferries are free from infection. It is the passengers own responsibility to ensure their safety against possible infection.
The office of Ærøfærgerne in Ærøskøbing
We ask that all enqueries are dealt with over the phone on +45 62524000 and that you only turn up in person if necessary.
COVID-19–virus (applies to busses on Ærø)
- Entry to and exit from the bus is only through the door towards the back of the bus.
- Seating capacity is reduced to ensure safety distance
- Please avoid contact with the busdriver. A facemask must be worn at all times while entering, residing in and existing the bus.
- Larger groups should contact +45 62 63 10 10 prior to travelling.
All of the above emergency measurements are in place until further notice and are subject to change according to new guidelines from the authorities.
tlf. +45 6252 4000